Monday, March 14, 2011

Papa Phil

Yesterday was my father in law's 76th birthday. I needed to make his card in 5 minutes since Michael & the kids were ready to pile in the car to go to the family birthday party. The man loves brown - its his favorite color. Who's favorite color is BROWN?! LOL! I mean seriously, is it even really a color? Its the 'color' you get when you mix too many colors together. I've seen it many times when my kids were younger and made their masterpieces for us. Anyway, I needed to quickly throw together a masculine card. Thank goodness for the Big Shot and the textured impression embossing folders. Those little guys make everything look so good. I grabbed my three favorite shades of brown - Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip & Crumb Cake and did some stamping, gluing and voila! A manly, brown birthday card for my most cherished father in law.

He means everything to our family, especially his five grandchildren who adore him to pieces. Papa Phil is currently going through cancer treatments and with our love and prayers and his amazing strength, we will hopefully be celebrating many, many more birthdays with this beloved man. Happy 76th to my 'favorite' father in law! xo Jacki
Stamps: Apple Blossoms (level 2 hostess) & Wonderful Favorites
Paper: Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip & Crumb Cake
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice textured impressions embossing folder & medium oval punch

No comments: