Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Hope you are enjoying your day even if you aren't Irish. Besides - everyone is a little bit Irish on St. Paddy's Day! Today is my mom's day and will forever be in my mind & my family's. She was a sweet Irish & English girl who married my 100% Italian dad. Every year for as long as I could remember she would wear her green that day, her "Kiss Me I'm Irish" button and some shamrock earrings. We'd all enjoy corned beef, potatoes & carrots and her delish soda bread. Dad would always bring her green carnations home with him. I married a 100% Italian boy too but that doesn't stop us from carrying on the Irish tradition today. I just hope my dinner comes out half as tasty as my mom's. My kids are excited that I used their Mimi Mary's recipes. Hopefully she will be guiding me when I try my hand at the soda bread in a bit!
Today's card is simple but I like how it turned out. Again - easy peasy using the basics: punches, Big Shot & some ink. Here's a couple of looks at it:

This one's for you Mom xo xo xo

Stamps: Lucky Shamrock
Ink: Certainly Celery
Paper: Certainly Celery, Old Olive & Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot & Perfect Polka Dots textured impressions embossing folder, Circle punches, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon

No comments: