Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stamping 411

I think this is one of the first times I've done a Stampin 411 Sketch Challenge although I always check them out and love the sketches. This was fun for me because my friend, Lisa, came over to stamp and we made the card together. So what if it took us almost two hours! We talked a lot and had some interruptions, um I mean visits from my children which made it stretch a bit longer than it might have but we both loved the finished product and had a good time too! Here's the Stamping 411 sketch challenge:















Here's our card:
The card base is Elegant Eggplant. The next layer is Whisper White stamped with a retired background stamp, Bella Toile, using Wisteria Wonder ink. Lucky Limeade is the top layer and we ran it through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. The flower stamp is sold as a single stamp in the catalog, Triple Treat Flower. The really cool thing about this stamp is that not only is it very affordable at $8.95, but you can punch it out using three different punches for a colorful, dimensional look. It uses the Fancy Flower Punch, the 5-Petal Flower Punch and the 1/2" Circle Punch. Then we put on some of the new 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Wisteria Wonder and sprinkled on some Adhesive back pearls for a little added touch. If you see any products used on this card that you'd like to have, you can purchase any of them through my online store.

No comments: