Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Color Inspiration Challenge #54


















Sorry for the side view....I was trying to capture the checkerboard texture on the base of the card. I used my friend Lisa's Big Shot die cut machine with the Texturz plate - it was so fun & easy. I'm impatiently waiting for my own Big Shot to be delivered any day now. Once you use it you can't imagine crafting without it!
Anyway, I love KW's CI Challenges but don't participate in them enough. I definitely would not have put these colors together on my own and I'm not sure I like them even now lol. Still, it got me to sit down and make a Father's Day card for my dad who is a golfer. I knew I had to get this stamp set when I saw it in the Occasions Mini catalog. Not only did it have the golfer dude but also a lawn mower which is also perfect since my dad was a landscaper for many years. Oh - fyi.....the mini catalog products are only available for purchase until June 30th.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great card! I love it! I am going to "case" it soon (see I'm getting the lingo down). Yes, the Big Shot is a "must!"

Angelia said...

Jacki, I love that color combo. I like how you incorporated it into your card. I enjoy challenges that stretch my mind. Thanks for sharing.
Crackers and Kisses, Angelia

Michelle said...

I wish my husband liked golf just so I could case this. awesome job